Cultivating freedom of thought, mindful intelligence and personal growth
Rudolf Steiner once said of education,
“Our highest endeavor must be to create free human beings, who are able of themselves to impart purpose and direction to their lives.”
Woodridge Connect strives to do just that, with a multi-faceted, experiential learning programme that develops the whole child – in mind, body, heart and spirit.
The emphasis at Woodridge Connect is on quality over quantity, which is why we are limiting applications to Grade 8 and 9 students in 2022. Grades 10 – 12 will be accepted in 2023. To ensure a high standard of evaluation and certification, we follow the Independent Examinations Board (IEB) syllabus.
Self-paced learning and assessment that develops awareness, discipline and accountability.
- These lessons are crafted with clear objectives and expose students to different learning styles, resources, and activities.
- Following a consistent approach, students can learn from a familiar format but, with access to various digital activities, stretching their thinking and application of the topic at hand.
Group learning that fosters critical thinking while, improving communication and debating skills.
- These sessions are geared towards allowing students to engage in a small group with their peers. This becomes a safe space for each child to learn, ask questions and socialise.
Live Facilitated Tutorials
Real-time learning that provides an opportunity for interaction, engagement and questioning.
- Students are encouraged to attend teacher-led tutorials or peer-to-peer tutoring sessions to enhance their understanding of the work.
- These lessons are specifically crafted based on the results of their tests, quizzes, and homework assignments. This allows for a personalised approach, ensuring that no student is left behind.
- Both teacher-led and peer-to-peer sessions allow students to develop their leadership and communication skills as they are given opportunities to present to the rest of the group.
Life, Culture & Sport
We believe that educating the mind without educating the heart, is no education at all. In keeping with Woodridge Connect’s philosophy of holistic development and the power of personal purpose, our programme offers courses that encourage physical activity and mastery, increase cultural exposure and creative expression, strengthen emotional awareness, and teach practical life skills.
Individual and team activities that sharpen physical skills, and strengthen body and mind.
- At Woodridge Connect, we believe that outdoor activities and a child’s physical development contribute to their classroom success. As such, we offer virtual sporting activities, covering individual and team-based sports.
- Following a similar approach to our academic offering, our Sport Hangouts have structured curriculums, varying from six weeks to a full year. With our blended learning, we give learners access to resources, videos, and drills, as well as personalised feedback during our live coaching sessions and assignment submissions.
Fun cultural activities that stimulate lateral thinking skills, and inspire creative expression.
- We aim to please our learners with a broad range of offerings as part of our Delight Studio. From music, arts and drama, to more out-of-the-box offerings such as our TED Ed Speech Club and Woodridge Connect Foodiez, the Delight Studio is just what you need to develop inner creativity.
- With both short and longer programmes following a blended approach, our Delight Studio offers an attractive proposition for our learners.
Preparing young adults for real life, with relevant, useful life skills for an ever-changing world.
- We cannot prepare our children for the future without preparing them to face real life. Our LEAD programme (Learn, Experience, Apply, Display) encourages students to learn real-life skills and to have access to industry experts at the same time.
- With access to a structured schedule that leverages self-paced learning and a live session during our Friday Fundays with many guest speakers, this programme will create a generation of prepared adults!
“You learn something valuable from all of the significant events and people, but you never touch your true potential until you challenge yourself to go beyond imposed limitations.”
– Roy T Bennet –
Begin Your Journey
The future is here. It’s time to embark on a lifelong journey of integrated learning, one where relevant knowledge is understood and cemented through experience.
Understand what we offer and what makes us different.
Contact us, complete forms and send requested documents.
Pay and receive a kit with everything you need to get going.